Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Update...Day 6

Scott has been at his dad's for the last day or so. His surgery to wire his jaw is on Friday, we just don't have a time for it yet. Scotts' dad lives approx. and hour from the hospital in Salt Lake, so it will be a relatively short trip. It sounds like they are doing this as an outpatient procedure, as long as everything goes well during and after the surgery.
After surgery, Scott will be staying at his dads' until after the Christmas holidays, I believe. The trip home is quite long and the doctors there are already familiar with his case. It seems to make some since I guess. I'm not sure why, but Scott is not in a restrictive brace or anything. Kinda scary, I'm thinking...maybe that's why I'm not a doctor.
He is still expieriencing some pain but does have medication as well as antibiotics for all of that. As long as he takes everything the way he's supposed to, he should be able to tolerate most of the discomfort he's having.
I'm leaving Rifle for Utah on Thursday morning to be with Janell and Chelsea through this second surgery. God willing, the surgery will go as expected with no problems, and we will all travel home on Saturday.
Thank you to all that has kept Scott and his family in your prayers. It means alot to him to know that so many people are in his corner!
I will update as soon as I can, from Utah.
~Debbie

No comments: