Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Little Update on Scott

(This picture of Scott with his Utah family was taken the DAY B4 his accident...)
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, there hasn't been a lot of new news.

Scott had a procedure done yesterday in Salt Lake...I'm not sure it was an actual surgery, so I'm not going to call it one, just in case! The procedure was to remove the wires and anchors holding his mouth closed and replace them with bands. If I understand correctly, this gives him more mobility and makes it possible for him the talk a little better. This should allow him to eat other foods too, like pudding, jello, yogurt. (Hopefully his weight loss won't be too drastic, if he can add more things to his menu!) The ordeal was quite painful from what Janell has shared with me. It was planned that his jaw would then stay wired for approx. 4 more weeks, but the doctor is talking like they might be able to remove that in 2 more weeks. Janell is trying to arrange Scott's care to be transfered to Colorado so his transition back to Colorado after the holidays will be nice and easy. We'll see!

There was also some other bad news shared with Scott's family...he had a cut under his eye, very close to his lower eyelid (which is where the surgeon gained access to place the metal plates in his face) that they presumed would heal nicely with no issues. Well, it isn't. Scotts eyelashes are growing into his eye because his lower lid is rolling inwards. They now have to see an eye surgeon to correct this. I don't know any timeframe or other info on that yet. Setbacks are a real frustration for him, I'm sure. I will inform when I know something.
So...recovery continues at a medium pace. Thanks for all your prayers for Scott and his family. The support Janell has recieved was and has been so helpful. With everyone's continued prayers and support we can help make the holidays a little easier to get through. If anyone has any questions ect. in regards to how to help, please contact me or Janell's mom, Cathy. My email is debzemlock@msn.com. Hug your kids and let them know you love them...besides they might bu putting off some extra warmth!!!

No comments: