Saturday, November 29, 2008

Update 4...still in surgery

4:45pm
Scott is doing well during surgery...and is having no issues. They are placing metal plates in his cheeks, both sides of his nose, his chin and his upper and lower jaw. According to his stepmom, Shelly, they are hoping not to have to wire his jaw.
The family continues their support from the waiting room. It sounds like a full house.
Way to go Scott...we're sending good thoughts your way! Waiting for another family update and will post again.

Love~Debbie

1 comment:

kimberly heutzenroeder said...

Hey Scott! This is Mrs. H. your "old" as in former middle school principal. I am thinking about you and praying for you. Actually I have my whole church praying for you.
I'm certain you are in a lot of pain. Wish I could take it away. As a middle schooler you were very good natured yet tough. I remember watching you on the football field- you were the one ready to kick butt and sometimes angry, but still smiling and joking. We're pulling for you and you are tackling it! Keep on keeping on and never give up. God never gives you more than you can handle, but sometimes it seems like it doesn't it? When that makes you mad, as it will if it hasn't yet, you can use that too. Bad, bad stuff happens to really great people and we can't explain why, but you will one day look back and have used this for something good. I know this because of the kind of person you are- beautiful inside and out.I want you to know what a great kid I think you are. Janelle and Chelsea hug Scott for me and yourselves, too. I miss you and I'm praying and thinking about you.